[NTCP] The need for gifted speakers in the meetings.

Steffasong at aol.com Steffasong at aol.com
Mon May 31 09:42:42 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/31/2004 12:49:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Dave at cedarcrestbaptist.com writes:

> teaching in the meeting-- like when a church plant is new and most of the
> congregation are immature or just too scared to teach or share words of
> edification?  How do you get people to where they want to share?

===

Link, I think you are referring to the time of laying foundations, yes?

Certainly where Christ has not been preached, there is the need to lay the
foundation of Christ.  In the same vein, many young churches or informal
gatherings where the fellowship has been based on things other than Christ, such as
bible-teaching, worship music, potlucks, etc., the foundation must be laid, and
that will take someone teaching.  At least that's how I see it.  I think we
see Biblical precedence for this as well.

The problem comes in when the gifted teacher never leaves.  It's like
parenting.  We parents of teens and young adults sometimes want to keep the kids on
the baby bottle, you know?  They're safe in the crib.  It's a comfort.

Do you know what I mean?
In Christ, our Rock,
Stephanie

Stephanie Bennett
ES Creative Services and Consulting
Coral Springs, FL

"A friendly discussion is as stimulating as the sparks that fly
when iron strikes iron." Proverbs 27:17

New Testament Church Proliferation is sponsored by the House Church Network.

New Testament Church Proliferation has been renamed. These discussions, via the web, now occur at the Radically Christian Cafe.

house church eldership servanthood lord's day lord's supper world missions